Thursday, March 11, 2010

15 Things I Love About My Job

There has been a lot in the news over the past few years about bloggers getting into trouble or losing their jobs for blogging about work.  For that reason, I don't intend to rant and rave about my job, my boss, or my coworkers even if they really really deserve it (which they probably don't).  Even though this blog is semi-anonymous, there is enough personal information already to identify me to someone who knows me.  Once I get around to adding some pictures, there will be no doubt about my identity.  So, instead complaining about work, or billable hours or anything else that young attorneys complain about, I've decided to fulfill goal number 20 and make a list of 15 things I love about my job.  Here is the list:
  1. Cool co-workers
  2. Fairly casual dress code
  3. Family friendly in an emergency
  4. Profession I love
  5. Some really awesome clients
  6. More hand-on experience than I would otherwise get
  7. Comfortable income
  8. Close to home
  9. Dual monitors
  10. No internet filter
  11. Cool new office
  12. Occasional free tickets to sporting/music events
  13. Strong focus on litigation
  14. Relatively healthy co-workers who don't routinely encourage me to make poor health choices
  15. Opportunity to continue learning.
I am so thankful for my job and the friends that I have made through this job.  Especially in this rough economy, I am thankful to make a comfortable living and support my family.  I am also happy to be working in an area I love with clients who I think are awesome.  All in all, it sounds like I'm a pretty lucky girl.  

No comments:

Post a Comment